Return to Headlines

UPDATE: Childcare Providers and Community Partners


Woodland Community Connections Update (English and Spanish)
We recently sent out information to families and community members about the need to work together to help build a network of support for our students and families. One main area of focus is making the connection between families in need of childcare during remote learning, with support to help offset the cost of this added expense during uncertain times.

We heard from those that want to help, and those that need help, but the method for making these connections was still unclear.

If you wish to help offset the costs of childcare for a Woodland family, please use this link to donate. Every little bit helps. We heard from families that wanted to contribute, but worried small donations wouldn’t be enough.

Assistance Needed:
If you’ve contacted local childcare providers, but still have concerns about the cost of care, please contact Dr. Robert Machak, Woodland’s Associate Superintendent of Education, at for assistance. He has been in regular contact with local providers and can help you make the connection.

PTA Connecting Parents:
Many of you filled out the form on PTA’s website to make connections with local families to form small groups for Remote Learning. If you filled out the FORM, now it’s time to look at the RESPONSES and reach out to those that might be a match. The PTA will not be making the connections for you, because they won’t know who is the right match for you. Take a look today! (Information you enter on this form will be public to other families in Woodland District 50.)

THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS! You are making a difference in our community. Your donations will go directly toward offsetting the cost of childcare for Woodland students.

 donor list


Social Emotional Support
This is a difficult time, and some students may need additional emotional support. We welcome you to reach out to speak with one of our social workers or psychologists to discuss your needs. Please contact your school office, or call 224-355-9106 and leave a detailed message with your child's name, the school they attend, the nature of your concern, and a return phone number. Your information will be kept confidential, and a psychologist or social worker will be assigned to your request. This service is not meant for emergencies. For emergency situations, please call 911.