Skip to Main Content
Select a School...
Select a School
Elementary East School
Elementary West School
Search Our Site
Strategic Plan 2013-2017
About District 50
District Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Illinois School Report Cards
Wifi Hotspots Locations
Board of Education
Board of Education
Operations & Facilities
Teaching & Learning
Gurnee Teacher Nomination
Proof of Residency
Clever login instructions
Woodland School District 50
1. Why is Woodland considering changing school start times?
2. Where did Woodland get its research?
3. What does the research say about Middle School start times?
4. Have there been discussions with Champions and other child care providers regarding possible expansion of services and rates for young children who would get out of school earlier with the new schedule?
5. What will happen with before and after school childcare at Champions with this new change? Will Champions be able to expand services for after-school care?
6. If Woodland Middle School students leave school later in the day, won't they go to bed later so they are actually not getting as much sleep?
7. What about after school sports teams that begin conference games at 3:30? If Middle School ends at 3:15, will our kids have to leave school early or quit the conference?
8. What about the outside after school activities that my child participates in that run until 9:00 PM?
9. Will my child spend less time in school with any schedule changes?
10. Don't elementary students need sleep too? If they start earlier, will they be getting enough sleep?
11. What is Woodland considering when coming up with later start times for schools?
12. What has been the timeline of Board of Education discussions?
13. When will I know my child's specific bus pickup time?
14. How will the district measure the benefits of a change in start times?
15. What will happen with outside after-school programs?
Questions or Feedback?
Copyright © 2002-2020 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved.