Kindergarten Family Coordinator
Welcome to Kindergarten!
Connecting with families and supporting parents in their first steps joining the Woodland District 50 community is important to us. We hope you will feel comfortable at Woodland Primary and will join us throughout the school year for the many events and opportunities we provide for families.
Here are just a few ways we connect with our families:
- Attend Welcome Day, Veteran’s Day, and Halloween Events
- Attend Curriculum Night (meet the teacher & see the classroom)
- Volunteer in the classroom for parties or learning support
- Volunteer on Green Apple Day of Service
- Attend Parent-Teacher Conferences and learn about your child as a student.
- Attend parent learning opportunities and build your parenting toolbox
- Connect in the virtual classroom community through Seesaw
- Participate in Latino Literacy Nights
- Participate in the Holiday Food Drive
- Become a member of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) or the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC).
If you would like to participate in one of these events or if you have questions about kindergarten and beyond, please reach out to your child's classroom teacher or the Kindergarten Family Coordinator.
What are other reasons a parent/caregiver would contact the Kindergarten Family Coordinator?
- Help with connecting to community resources to assist with housing, medical, food, mental health, before/after-school programs or parenting support.
- Questions on how to advocate for their child at school.
- Help with connecting to information on parenting and supporting a student.
- Questions about information they received from the school.
- Questions on how to become more involved at their child’s school.
- Concerns about a family in the district.
Meet the Kindergarten Family Coordinator
Kristen Carruthers ljdsf;aisjfuoawe if;alfkl szdnv
kja;sleifja; woefiaoie fj;asifjalsjflsa djf;als djfsdla jf
;aiefjh laijseflaskjflsakjfls djf;lksajdf lkajf
;aiehfj alkjflkjsaef;lkjas ;kjfea;k jfa;slkfj s;lak jf