Together we inspire a love of learning, empowering all students with the courage, confidence, creativity and compassion to make their unique contribution in a diverse and dynamic world.
The MOSAIC Initiative includes a first-class collection of diverse books that distinctly represents our diverse school community. These books will help develop a collaborative culture that enriches our entire school community and deepens our student’s connections to school. The overall goal of this initiative is that all of our Woodland District 50 students see themselves represented in our library collection. We want our diverse collection of books to be windows, mirrors, sliding glass doors, stepping stones, springboards, anchors, escape hatches, flying carpets and warm blankets.
The MOSAIC Initiative began at Woodland Middle School in the fall of 2021. The program will soon be expanded to include all of our Woodland District 50 libraries.
- Prepare students to become future ready global citizens.
- Model, promote, and foster inquiry.
- Provide a climate to inspire curiosity and wonder.
- Teach students to be ethical and informed citizens.
- Provide and support excellent teaching and instruction by providing support materials that enhance and reinforce the curriculum.
- Create inspiring and versatile library spaces that best serve the learning community.
- Provide equitable access to a variety of quality resources in a variety of formats that support learning and discovery
- Develop and support literacy at school and at home.
- Develop and evaluate the collections of the library media program collaboratively with staff, students, and other professionals.