Want to donate to the Foundation? Click here make a donation.
What does the Foundation do:
The Foundation creates a mechanism to receive and disperse funds, property and gifts of any kind for the benefit of staff and students of Woodland School District 50 for:
• Innovative projects
• Student scholarships
• Support for supplemental projects
To creatively generate and distribute resources with which to enrich and enhance the opportunities and educational experiences of Woodland Community Consolidated School District #50 students in pursuit of “Learning...to Find Solutions”.
The purposes of the Foundation, as stated in the Articles of Incorporation are exclusively for educational and charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501C (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and more specifically are:
- To receive and administer funds, property and gifts exclusively for the benefit of the District,
- To make distributions from the Foundation fund to or for the benefit of the District exclusively to distribute all of the net income of the Foundation to or for the benefit of the District.
Without limitation of the foregoing, the Foundation may make distribution for any or more of the following purposes:
- Enrich the curriculum of the District and provide innovative academic and extra-curricular learning opportunities for the District’s children,
- Provide students with opportunities they would not otherwise be privileged to experience,
- Affirm members of the staff as Lifelong Learners by enhancing their array of professional development opportunities,
- Assist in maintaining at the District the highest standards for programs, resources and facilities,
- Encourage the active involvement and collaboration of parents, teachers, alumni and community leaders in the process of educating the District’s children, and
- Develop links among business, government, civic and community organizations that will enhance community support of the District’s educational and charitable activities.