Understanding the 2018 PARCC Assessment
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment is in its 4th year of implementation. It is a Federally mandated test for all 3rd through 8th grade students. Results from the PARCC assessment are projected to be available for students and parents in September or October 2018.
The 2018 PARCC assessment window will begin April 4th and continue through April 20th. Below is a summary chart of the format of the assessment for your child, the number of units (subtests) for English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics as well as the starting and end dates of the complete testing window. Each unit will last between 60 - 90 minutes in grades 3 through 5. Grades 6 through 8 units will last between 80 – 90 minutes.
Below is a summary of the 2018 PARCC assessment for each grade level.
- The testing window will begin April 9th and continue through April 20th
- 3rd through 5th grade students
- three test sessions in English Language Arts lasting 75 to 90 minutes
- four sessions for in mathematics lasting 60 minutes
- 6th through 8th grade students
- three test sessions in English Language Arts lasting 90 minutes
- three sessions for in mathematics lasting 80 minutes
3rd grade students will test on paper forms.
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will test on online using their chromebook.
Specific test dates and times will be available from your child's classroom teacher.
Should you have questions, please contact your child's principal or Dr. Steven Thomas, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at (847) 596-5622.