Vision, Mission, Beliefs and Core Values 2013-2017
I. Vision Statement:
Woodland creates an environment that inspires all members to be self-directed critical thinkers, successful learners, and responsible citizens interacting in a global society
Learning…to Find Solutions
Woodland believes public schools are the greatest asset of our community.
Woodland believes public education is critical to the perpetuation of our democratic principles and society.
Therefore, we believe:
- All children can learn and shall be challenged to meet high expectations.
- A diverse, highly motivated, and qualified staff is paramount to student learning.
- Each staff member shall positively contribute to a child’s learning experience each day.
- Students, staff, families, the School Board, and the community shall unite in a partnership of life-long learning.
- Opportunities and resources will be provided in a positive, nurturing, safe learning environment.All members in the Woodland community learn in different ways, at different rates.
- The Woodland community shall embrace diversity.
- Successful learning communities are based upon firm adherence to high standards of supportive and respectful behavior of one member towards another.
IV. Core Values:
- Honesty – Honest people are truthful and sincere.
- Trustworthiness – People worthy of trust keep promises, fulfill commitments and abide by the spirit, as well as, the letter of an agreement.
- Loyalty – Loyal people demonstrate commitment and support based on positive values.
- Fairness – Fair people are committed to justice and to the equal treatment and participation of others.
- Caring – A caring person shows concern for the well being of others.
- Respect – Respectful people have confidence in their own beliefs and acknowledge, understand and support the rights of others to express their beliefs. They value authority and the property of others.
- Citizenship – A responsible citizen contributes to the local and global community in active, positive, and resourceful ways and encourages the participation of others.
- Pursuit of Excellence – In the pursuit of excellence, people take pride in their work, give their best efforts, reflect on the results of their work and apply new learning to subsequent tasks.
- Responsibility – An accountable person knows, understands, considers and accepts the impact and consequences of personal actions and decisions.
- Integrity – People with integrity act in a manner that is consistent with these core values.