Proper care for the iPad
To Shut Down/Restart Your iPad
- Don’t leave the iPad charging all day and night. This shortens the battery life. Let the battery run down then plug in the iPad to charge. Your iPad will last longer.
- Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, etc. on the screen. Only use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean the iPad.
- Keep the iPad at room temperature.
- Power your iPad down regularly. You do not need to shut down the iPad every day, but it is recommended to shut it down at least once a week.
- Press and hold down on the top button until a slider appears.
- Slide a finger along the slider to turn off the iPad.
- Once it's turned off, press and hold on the top button again until the Apple logo appears.