Healthy students learn better!
Our goal is to keep the students and entire school staff healthy to maximize learning.
School Nurses have multiple functions to reach our mission.
- We provide first aide, emergency care, medication administration, and skilled nursing procedures.
- We provide health education to promote positive health.
- We are active participants for the IEP, 504 Plans, and Individualized Healthcare Plans.
- We ensure mandate compliance in the screenings for vision, hearing, immunizations, and physicals.
- We monitor the school health environment and work closely with nutrition services and physical education department.
- We collaborate with the entire school to reach our goal of keeping the students and staff healthy.
Healthy children make successful learners! Healthy staff make successful educators!
Meet the School Nurse and Health Assistant
SCHOOL NURSE: Kara Edgeworth, BSN, RN
HEALTH ASSISTANT: Laura Feczko