Healthy students learn better!
Our goal is to keep the students and entire school staff healthy to maximize learning.
School Nurses have multiple functions to reach our mission.
- We provide first aide, emergency care, medication administration, and skilled nursing procedures.
- We provide health education to promote positive health.
- We are active participants for the IEP, 504 Plans, and Individualized Healthcare Plans.
- We ensure mandate compliance in the screenings for vision, hearing, immunizations, and physicals.
- We monitor the school health environment and work closely with nutrition services and physical education department.
- We collaborate with the entire school to reach our goal of keeping the students and staff healthy.
Healthy children make successful learners! Healthy staff make successful educators!
Meet the School Nurses and Health Assistant
SCHOOL NURSE: Marigayle Punsalan, BSN, RN
Hello! My name is Marigayle Punsalan, Float School Nurse for EE/EW.
I have been a nurse for over 10 years and worked at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Mother-Baby area. I love being a School Nurse! I enjoy the positive environment in the school and working with the students and staff. My goal is to keep them safe and healthy in school.
I have multiple hobbies that include reading, watching basketball, going to the library and bookstore.
I have enjoyed working and learning from Mrs. Cabalfin. I hope to be at Woodland for a long time.